Wednesday, December 23, 2015

WoW: The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May



A weekly post hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!






Title: The Vanishing Throne (The Falconers #2)
Author: Elizabeth May 
*RELEASE DATE: November 19th 2015
Publisher: Gollanzc 









Goodreads Blurb: 
1845.
The battle is over. Edinburgh stands in ruins. Only Alieana Kameron, former heiress and debutante, now murderess and fae-slayer, remains amid the destruction.
Humanity has moved on - but the war has only just begun.
So this book released in the UK in November but its going to release in the US in June (2016). I don't see why/how that's reasonable. Sigh. I still haven't read this book and that is a veritable problem. I must acquire a UK copy (maybe from Amazon?) and read this book ASAP. 

The Falconer ended with the biggest cliffhanger possible and I am very not happy with how long it took for the book to release (to partially release? to selectively release? why can't books release on the same date throughout the entire world?). Here is my review of The Falconer

Although I'm not happy with the release date, I am content in my knowledge that this book will be amazing and I guess it won't hurt to wait a bit until I can get my hands on this book. 

What I'm most looking forward to is Alieana growing into a warrior and saving the world. Because I'm sure that's going to happen. Also Kiaran's transformation might be interesting as well. Hopefully there will be copious amounts of witty banter and it won't be boring. 

Book, please don't be boring. 

*Note: Yes, technically this book is released but only kinda released so we're going to let this dubious WoW slide*